Wednesday 12 October 2011

Audience - Research

Looking into my expected audience for my genre.

Taking into account the culture surrounding my music genre of Folk - Folktronica. There is very much a bohemian style of life surrounding this genre. A life based around simplicity and friendship.


However the folk genre, ties in closely with many other genres such as Reggae, world music, alternative rock, low fi ect. All relating to each other because of a similar set of ideals. Peace, friendship, unity, simplicity.

So to appeal to my audeince, a on the whole fairly wide audience, I will have to incorparate some of these ideals into my video. Bearing in my mind i can be fairly flexible with these ideals, to as another concept assicated with this culture and genre is that of acceptance, and so these ideals could to an extent be pushed as to keep the video interesting and to open it up to a potenially wider audience.
As whislt the track itself, whilst not a pop orientated song does conatin features that opens it up to a wider pop audience, for example standard song convetions assciated with pop.... verse-chrous-verse-chrous ect. This means that my audeince may be wider than that just the folk/alternative rock/blues audience.

Taking into consideration age aswell, I feel my track being that of an alternative nature would be reaching audicenes from I would say from say 5,16- 50. A fairly vast audience, but the video itself perhaps a smaller range, from say 15- 40, as music video platforms such as channels, youtube ect I would imagine be predominately accessed by the younger generations. Due to the use of technology, and other media products assciated with those platforms ( a sort of reputation). So on the whole , whilst my video will generally be specific to a certain style of audience, I stil think that the track allows a potenial wider audience than may be orianlly anticapted.

No comments:

Post a Comment